The BIG news is that TEL.A.VISION is becoming a non profit. Actually, it has always been a not for profit but we are just making it official. This will allow us to seek funds from foundations and individuals. I know that we will probably be rejected 10 times before we find someone willing to help fund us so if you know any organization or individual willing to be one of the first to talk to us let us know.
It’s hard to believe we launched only 8 months ago. In that time our partner Haberman has done a great job of getting us in all of the local press as well as the Christian Science Monitor. We had a successful TEL.A.VISION Day with a 24 hour broadcast of TEL.A.VISION videos on the Internet ( Thank you Steve). In May we did our first NYC press tour and from that will be covered in a 4 page spread in District Administration (Thank you Sue), a feature in Family Circle and have been told we will be in Scholastic and Time For Kids.
We have some exciting partnerships we are working on.
- Having 6th, 9th and 12th graders in the Minneapolis Schools create vision videos as part of graduation requirements,
- Working with TIES Education,
- Partnering with Youth Services of America to create Service Learning videos,
- Working with The Discipline of Peace and Culture of Peace Initiative to create Peace videos,
- Discussions with SEARCH Institute and Templeton Press on creating a Vision Curriculum with Dr. Benson’s New book “Vision“
- An invitation to visit the staff of the Fetzer Institute.
While all of this holds great potential the most rewarding work has been to see the difference TEL.A.VISION is having on youth. Three projects stand out.
- Working with the Divas of North Minneapolis. The Star Tribune did a nice article on them.
- Spending a day at Angelo Patri Middle School in the Bronx with 18 young people creating a new vision for their school ( The video is below). Their Vide Principal cried when she say it.
- Parent night at a Clear Springs Elementary in Minnetonka, where 75 people showed up to view amazing videos created by 5th graders.
We’ve started a new contest called “100 words for $100“. Tell us how you have used TEL.A.VISION and win a chance for $100.
Thank you all for your support of TEL.A.VISION. If you would like to receive regular updates on TEL.A.VISION sign up in the upper right hand corner.